DIY Forms
New York City Civil Court

These free and easy-to-use computer programs ask you questions. The program then uses your answers to prepare a form for your case or to make an information sheet to help you at court.

Available DIY Form Programs

Adult Name Change Petition Program
Ask the court to legally change the name that you were given at birth, adoption or marriage.

Child Name Change Petition Program
Ask the court to legally change one or more children's names. Use this program if the child is 17 or younger, you are the child's parent and you and the child live in New York City.

Vacate Default Judgment in a Consumer Debt Case Program
Make court papers that help you tell a Judge why you missed your court date or didn’t answer a summons and complaint in a consumer debt case. You should only use this program if there is a default judgment against you.

Don't see the program you need?
Check back with us again. We are working on more programs for you! Find all available DIY Form Programs.


About DIY Forms

Who Can Use These Programs?
You can use DIY Forms if:

  • you're a court user and you don't have a lawyer;
  • you're a legal services provider;
  • you're a pro bono lawyer. Pro bono lawyers filing a DIY Form must submit thispro bono affirmation.
  • you're from a low-bono (reduced fee) program. You must submit a low-bono affirmation with the filing.

Commercial use is prohibited and no one may charge for using these programs. When you begin the program, you will be asked to accept these terms of use.

Computer Requirements
In order to use DIY Form programs, make sure you have the following:

  • Attached printer

Help Using DIY Forms
See Frequently Asked Questions for help using DIY Form programs.

YouTube DIY Forms Ask a Law Librarian