New York Courts dot gov
New York StateUnified Court System

Motion Support

All motions filed in Queens Supreme Court - Civil Term, must adhere to the rules of the Centralized Motion Part



ROOM 140
718 298-1009


Inquiries regarding Centralized Motion Part

Persons seeking information on motions calendared for the Centralized Motion Part must contact the Centralized Motion Part (718) 298-1728.  Anyone contacting the Motion Support regarding an appearance in the Centralized Motion Part will be advised to call the Centralized Motion Part.


Working Copies

Working copies of e-filed notices of motion/notices of petition are NOT to be sent to the Motion Support Office. They must be brought to the calendar call as per the rules of the Centralized Motion Part.


Responsive Papers

Motion Support does not process or forward responsive papers including cross-motions. They must be brought to the calendar call as per the rules of the Centralized Motion Part.


Fee Payments

The Motion Support Office does not receive, forward or process any fees or waiver of fees. All applications requiring payment of statutory fees or waiver of fees must be sent directly to the Queens County Clerk’s office.


Memorandum Decision

Counsel are advised to adhere to NYCRR 202.48 regarding the submission or settlement of their proposed order or judgment. Persons who are submitting proposed orders/judgments pursuant to a previously issued memorandum decision must submit a copy of the memorandum decision with their proposed order/judgment


Conforming of Orders and Judgements

Court personnel are not authorized to conform copies of orders or judgments. The accuracy of conformed copies rests with counsel. Certified copies may be obtained at the Court Clerk's office for a fee.

Trial Preference

All applications for trial preference must be made via motion through the Motion Support Office.


Document Size

Due to space limitations, the Motion Support Office cannot accept notices of motion/notices of petition and accompanying exhibits which measure greater than 8 inches.  If your documents measure greater than 8 inches you are directed to submit only the notice of motion/notice of petition to the Motion Support Office and bring all exhibits to the calendar call on your return date.


back to top