Justice Raymond E. Aldrich, the son of Elbert and Melissa Aldrich (nee Finn) was born September 28, 1888 in Poughkeepsie, NY. In 1905, he graduated from Poughkeepsie High School, then went on to receive his LL.B. degree in 1909 from Albany Law School. On November 23, 1909, he was admitted to the New York bar. Aldrich clerked for Judge Morschauser, then served as District Attorney of Dutchess County from 1916 to 1922. He practiced at the firm of Aldrich, Morschauser and Haas from 1921 to 1933.
In 1933, Aldrich was elected to the Supreme Court of the Ninth Judicial District. On January 1, 1944, he was designated to the Appellate Division Second Department by Gov. Thomas E. Dewey, a position he held until his retirement in 1947.
In addition to his judicial career, Aldrich served as President of the Fallkill National Bank and Trust Company from 1929 to 1933. His membership in professional and civic organizations included the Dutchess County Bar Association, New York State Bar Association, Poughkeepsie Lodge of Old Fellows, Triune Lodge of the Masons, Poughkeepsie Rotary Club, and the Booth Hose Company in Poughkeepsie.
Aldrich married Florence Ann Dennis in 1911, and they had twin sons: Raymond E., Jr., and Russell E., in 1919. He died on January 22, 1947 in Poughkeepsie.
"Raymond Aldrich." Biographical information sheets. Appellate Division, Second Department Library, Brooklyn.
"Justice Raymond E. Aldrich." Eminent Members of the Bench and Bar of New York. San Francisco: Knight-Counihan, 1943. 54. Print.