State Street, Albany, NY
Completed and Occupied: 1808
The Old Capitol was located at head of State Street, facing Eagle Street, and in front of the present New Capitol; completed and occupied first in 1808. Erected at the joint expense of the city, the county and the State, costing, exclusive of the land, which was given by the city, $110,685.42, part of which was the proceeds of a lottery. Taken down in 1883.
On April 7, 1847, the State Court of Appeals held its first session in the Old Capitol in a courtroom formerly occupied by the Supreme Court. The Court of Appeals continued to hold sessions in the Old Capitol until May 11, 1883.
Source: Alden Chester, Legal and Judicial History of New York, vol. III, pg. 14.