Eagle Street, Albany, New York
Houses: City Court, Civil and Traffic Divisions
Judicial District: Third
Albany's City Court (Civil and Traffic Divisions) are located within Albany City Hall, an 1883 Romanesque Revival building designed by the famous American architect H.H. Richardson. Built of contrasting light and dark brown stone, it has been very well preserved through the years. Albany City Hall served as the first home (albeit temporary) of the Appellate Division, Third Department, in 1896. Cost: $325,000; tower 202 feet. Cornerstone laid by Masonic fraternity on October 13, 1881.
Source: "Survey of Court Facilities in New York State", NYS Office of Court Administration...1981 pg 108.