Built circa 1817
It was razed in 1878 when a new courthouse was constructed. A public library was built in that location.
Architect: Andrew Jackson Warner of Rochester NY
It was shared with city until 1929.
The County Legal History Project of the Historical Society of the New York Courts was launched to document the local legal history of the counties of New York State: the legal figures, cases and events that helped shape the histories of these places.
Learn more about the legal history of Erie County here.