Market Street, Poughkeepsie, NY
Built in 1903
Houses Supreme, County, and Surrogate's Courts
Ninth Judicial District
Architect: William J. Beardsley of Poughkeepsie
On this site in 1788, in an earlier courthouse, New York ratified the United States Constitution
Source: "Survey of Court Facilities in New York State," NYS Office of Court Administration. 1981 pg. 446
The County Legal History Project of the Historical Society of the New York Courts was launched to document the local legal history of the counties of New York State: the legal figures, cases and events that helped shape the histories of these places.
Learn more about the courthouses and legal history of Dutchess County here.