- Appointed to the Third Department effective April 24, 2014.
- Initially attended a certificate program at the Alvin Ailey Dance Center in New York City and danced for several years with small modern dance companies.
- Graduated from Columbia University and Albany Law School.
- Began her legal career in private practice before becoming an Assistant District Attorney in Schenectady County from 1998 until 2004.
- Her judicial career began in 2004 when she was appointed as Schenectady City Court Judge. Was elected to that position in 2005.
- Elected to the office of Schenectady County Family Court Judge in 2010.
- Became the second woman ever elected as a Supreme Court Justice from the Fourth Judicial District in 2012.