- Became the first person of color, black and Jamaican appointed to the Third Department by Governor Andrew M. Cuomo, effective March 1, 2016.
- Emigrated from Jamaica, West Indies, where she was born, to the United States.
- Graduated from New York University and City University of New York School of Law.
- Elected as Supreme Court Justice for the 12th Judicial District in 2009 and Judge of the Civil Court for Bronx County in 2003.
- Served as Principal Law Clerk to the Surrogate of Bronx County Lee L. Holzman and Supreme Court Justice Alexander W. Hunter Jr.
- Engaged in private practice specializing in personal injury and medical malpractice litigation with the Law Offices of William A. Gallina and began legal career as an attorney for the Legal Aid Society, Criminal Defense Division.
- Adjunct professor at Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University, Lehman College and Bronx Community College.
- Appointed as a member of the Unified Court System's Second Special Commission on Fiduciary Appointments.
- Since 2008, Chairwoman of the Board of Directors for the Highbridge Advisory Council, Family Services, Inc., a non-profit organization dedicated to serving special needs and pre-school children in Bronx County.
- Former President, Chairwoman and Board Member of the Black Bar Association of Bronx County.