New York Court Help

DIY Forms
New York City Civil Court
Civil Court

Free and easy guided step-by-step programs for people with cases in New York City Civil Court:
These computer programs ask you questions. The program then uses your answers to prepare a form for your case or to make an information sheet to help you at court.

Adult Name Change Petition Program

Minor Name Change Petition Program

Affidavit to Vacate a Default Judgment in a Consumer Debt Case

Need help?
You can get help using these programs and answers to your questions at the Civil Court Help Center.

Don't see the program you need?
Check back with us again. We are working on more programs for you!

You can also click on the links below if you need a Civil Court form.
Civil | Housing | Small Claims

What does my computer need to use these programs?

  1. You need Adobe Flash Player to use these programs. Download it for free from
  2. You need Microsoft Word to see the documents properly. If you do not have Microsoft Word, you can download Microsoft Word Viewer for free from

    Note: Microsoft WordPad is not the same as Microsoft Word. WordPad will cause problems with your documents.

  3. Please read the Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.


NYS DIY Forms are only for court users who don't have a lawyer and, legal services and pro bono attorneys and staff helping clients who cannot afford lawyers. Commercial use is prohibited and no one may charge for using these programs. When you begin the program, you will be asked to accept these terms of use.

Last updated on March 24, 2014

 New York State Unified Court System
Court Facts
The Law